Thursday, January 23, 2014

Just Like Magic

Learning new things for little ones, that's just what it's like - magic.  My youngest recently received his first science kit for his birthday.  I'm sure he had no clue what it was when he opened the package, but when we broke into it the other day to do our first experiment, he was hooked!!  I used the January Fresh Start kit to document this "magical" moment.

 photo justlike600_zps3b45eadc.jpg

The layout is fairly neutral in color, with lots of white space, but I chose to simulate the idea of an experiment bubbling over a beaker with these fun sprays of color out to the right of the page.  I punched two different sized stars, as well as some small circles in shades of teal, pink, and yellow.  I also added in some splatters of ink as well.  The colored sections are divided by some hand-stitching in grey.

 photo justlikecu1_zps7d7ca987.jpg

For the title work I combined those fun sparkly white Thickers in the kit, with a die-cut word from patterned paper.  Right below that you will see a "True Story" tag peeking out from a glassine bag behind the photo.  The journaling tag is tucked away in the bag, but easily pulls out to read my story :)

 photo justlikecu2_zps2cf04a44.jpg

The Fresh Start kit is all sold out, but sign up for one of the few spots left in the special offer March - June subscription period & you'll never miss out :)

 photo 1012010_10151915279493932_455200771_n_zps3cc544ec.jpg